902 N. BUCKEYE
Built in 1887 by A. Fry, using mail order plans. Later owned by George Upshaw, local undertaker and furniture maker and C.C. Wyandt, socially prominent Abilene businessman.
1105 N. BUCKEYE
Built in 1905 in the Georgian style by Dr. A.B. Seelye, a patent medicine entrepreneur. Said to have been the finest home between Kansas City and Denver at the time of construction. NATIONAL REGISTER
1202 N. BUCKEYE
Built in the Colonial Revival style in 1926 by Everett Shockey, second generation partner in Shockey & Landis, Abilene's oldest continuing business.
1204 N. BUCKEYE
Built in 1878 by John W. Birchmore, early day Episcopal priest. The two story Victorian era home, constructed of brick, has a French mansard roof.
1205 N. BUCKEYE
Prairie-style house built in 1913 by Edward G. Leach, father of the present owner. The style, influenced by the works of Frank Lloyd Wright, was popularized after the turn of the century.
1206 N. BUCKEYE
Colonial Revival style house built in 1912 by Herbert Howard for his bride, Georgie Nichols, who grew up in the house next door to the south. Howard was a partner with Nichols in the Nichols Insurance Co.
1303 N. BUCKEYE
Built ca. 1880 by John Brenizer, a millwright who came to the area from Ohio with the "Buckeye" Colony. The small farm house has been enlarged several times, changing the original style.
400 N. CEDAR
Gothic style house built in 1877 by D.R. Gordon. Abilene's first Kansas Pacific Railroad station agent. One of only a few homes built of locally made brick.
805 N. CEDAR
Built in 1891 by William Hendricks and later owned by Milton Good, former business partner of David Eisenhower. Childhood home of Dean Malotte, former President of Cornell University and Chancellor of Kansas University.
812 N. CEDAR
Altered Victorian era home built in 1901 by T.C. Iliff, prosperous Dickinson County farmer. Original appearance has been changed due to earlier remodeling.
1115 N. CEDAR
Queen Anne cottage built in 1888 by J.B. Edwards, Abilene historian who lived to be 106. The house, originally located at 1106 N. Buckeye, was moved to the present location in the mid-1940's.
316 N. MULBERRY
Built in 1878 by J.E. Bonebrake, early Abilene entrepreneur. Abilene's first telephone connected Bonebrake's home and business. Many of the home's Gothic features have been removed.
805 N. OLIVE
Victorian era cottage built in 1885 by William L. & Ida Smith. Later owned by Jackson Coulson, father of Emerson, who lived next door to the north.
813 N. OLIVE
Colonial Revival style house built in 1904 by Emerson E. Coulson, early Abilene land agent and pioneer automobile dealer.
1100 N. OLIVE
Two-story cottage built in 1908 by Abram Gish, carpenter who built homes in the Abilene and Enterprise areaa.
106 N. VINE
Italianate mansion built in 1880 by C.H. Lebold, banker, entrepreneur & mayor of Abilene. The house has served as an orphanage and home for single female telephone operators. NATIONAL REGISTER
309 N. VINE
Bungalow with Arts & Crafts influence built in 1907 by O.B. Landis, second generation Abilene businessman. Reception for Eisenhower held here the night he announced his candidacy.
320 N. VINE
Built of 2x6 lumber in 1885 by Hiland Southworth, Abilene attorney, loan and real estate agent. Several additions have been made to the home over the years.
214 N. WALNUT
Second Empire style home built in 1880 by John E. Johntz, early Abilene businessman, and Sam Heller, Eisenhower Foundation President. NATIONAL REGISTER
900 N.W. SECOND
Built in 1913 by J.E. Valentine, architect and electrical engineer who installed Abilene's "great white way" street lights in 1913. Front porch pillars are said to be original street light poles.
600 N.W. THIRD
Italianate style home built in 1886 by Christian Johntz. Mrs. Johntz had been an upstairs maid in the John Johntz home and was in social competition with her former employer.
607 N.W. THIRD
Built in 1896 by Charles Harger, publisher of the Abilene Chronicle. The house has been enlarged and remodeled, changing the appearance to Colonial Revival style.
615 N.W. THIRD
Built in 1879 in the Gothic style by A.W. Rice, early Abilene mayor. Later remodeled with a different roof line and porch. The rear addition was added in the 1970's.
619 N.W. THIRD
Gothic style cottage built in 1877 by Benjamin & Emma Bussell. Later owned by T.C. McInerney, Texas Street bootmaker and his son, William, early Abilene dentist. The south addition was added in the 1970's.
813 N.W. THIRD
Built in the Italianate style in 1886 by Clarence F. Meade, early Abilene attorney. The home was remodeled extensively in 1907, including the addition of the large front porch.
412 N.W. FIFTH
Queen Anne style home built in 1884 by the Parent family on the site of their earliest home. He was an early cowtown Abilene merchant; she helped organize the first churches and schools in the pioneer town.
108 N.W. 10TH
Colonial Revival home built in 1920 by Clarence & Bertha Richter. The house was a copy of a home they had seen in Europe.
205 N.E. THIRD
Italianate mansion, now a restaurant, built in 1885 by banker Thomas Kirby on the original site of the J.G. McCoy home. McCoy brought the cattle industry and the Chisholm Trail to Abilene.
216 N.E. SIXTH
William Miller built this Victorian era home in 1887. Later owned by Isaac Shockey, the founder of Shockey & Snider hardware store - later Shockey & Landis, Abilene's oldest existing business.
ROUTE 1 ENTERPRISE, KS
Native stone home built in 1879 in an early Swedish settlement. See Driving Tour of Stone Homes for more details.